Posted at 11 Mar 2009 06:32:28 PM
I appear to have neglected to upload the "tea, damnit!" icon which is a staple on livejournal. Ah, well.
After several trips to Teavana, that mecca of disturbingly fruit-flavored loose teas, I have tried the following and come to several conclusions.
The first conclusion is that everything can be likened to baseball if I try really hard (why yes, it is
spring training season already!):
1. Lemon Apple Pomegranate (Rooibos). Smell: Ground-rule double. Taste: Slow grounder to first. What smelled like real lemon turned out to be lemongrass, which is bitter and disagrees with me. Darn.
2. Dragonwell (Green). Smell: Safe at third. Taste: Lives up to expectations. A slightly salty
aftertaste which lingers. This surprises me, but I quite like it.
3. Peppermint (Herbal). Smell: Home run. Taste: Grand slam. I have about 4oz of it in a Richelieu Tea container which I bought off eBay in a fit of Three Musketeers nostalgia, and I love it dearly. Fun fact: peppermint settles the stomach and makes the lips tingle.
4. Strawberry Kiwi (Rooibos, from a local shop). Smell: Home run. Taste: Also a home run, but a very sweet one. Strawberry Kiwi is a sometimes food, as Cookie Monster would have it.
5. Rose Marzipan Delight (Black). Smell: Grand Slam. Oh my heavens, this smells amazing. Taste: Fly ball to center field. It still smells good, don't get me wrong, but the rose tastes like I'm eating flowers. Rose never did agree with me. I wonder if there exists tea swaps?
6. Sweetened Black Cherry (Black). Smell: Grand Slam. Taste: Jury is still out. I'll get back to you.
7. Ginger Peach (from a local shop). Smell: Safe at third. Taste: Quite good. The ginger is a bit much for me, but then ginger usually is. I like this one. It shall be given a proper tea tin.
There's always the old standbys, Celestial Seasonings Peach tea among them, which I have been drinking unrepentantly for years despite knowing that it's probably peach-flavored floor sweepings. It tastes good and has sentimental value, so hush :P